Monday, September 15, 2014

A tribute post: NEWS 11th' anniversary - Interview with Chankapaana all over the world!

How fast does time fly? Fast enough for our beloved group to celebrate its eleventh year of existence before we can even move on from the tenth!

NEWS' 9th anniversary was grand, because it was its first anniversary as a four-member group. NEWS' 10th anniversary was majestic, because the group was obviously in its 10th year. I started making this post, thinking, "What will everyone do for NEWS' 11th year? What will members do on their anniversary? Is there a way to make this September 15 just as memorable as the past NEWS anniversaries? Of course I couldn't contribute much to the fandom and I have always been like that (Sorry I was an inattentive fan back then!)... But I thought I had to keep doing my 'tradition' whenever the fated day of the year comes, and that is to have my own little gift: A blog post dedicated to NEWS.

But wait, there's a twist to this. Unlike my previous anniversary posts, this tribute comprises other fans' thoughts, feelings, and a little bit of their fandom history.. In other words, I did an interview to Chankapaana around the world! (you could imagine me flying to all the countries mentioned in ONE -for the win- *kidding*) Thanks to social networking sites and blogs, I somehow made this a success LOL. The interview consists of three (3) basic questions about the "Life of NEWS Fans"--or simply, what made these people like NEWS, love NEWS, and stay with NEWS. Think of it as the interviews you read in Myojo, Popolo, etc... But instead of NEWS you'll read the fans' words! Yes, this is our Ai Kotoba. #てずてってとってNEWS ♫





















Please take note that most of the fans interviewed here (including me) obviously aren't native English speakers so there are grammar lapses. I didn't want to change their original messages so I left them as they are, the way they were typed--even the capitalization and punctuation (except for some words/phrases that definitely needs correction).



1. How did you become a fan of NEWS?

 Minori, Japan 
I watched NEWS on TV. So I thought "Wow, they're so cool"

​ Ghea, Indonesia
I became news fan because of my sister's friend. she showed me a news pv, news nippon if i'm not wrong. XD and she showed me some photos of JE too like jin akanishi, etc. Then i started to search some infos about news. i was searching for their photos, videos, interview, etc. without i realize i suddenly like them, but now i love them. XD

Tata Massu, roleplayer
I only knew Yamapi first from his drama Nobuta wo Produce. One day, I was watching Music Station on Animax then suddenly I heard this uberly cute song from an adorably boy group. All I can see is the title of the song which is weeeek but I still didn't know who's the band. Ever since then, it was always on my mind and I was desperately looking for it. On my birthday, my sisters downloaded the song as a gift for me and that's when I found out that the band's name is NEWS.

 Samara, Brazil
I became a fan of News after I met tegomass by anime lovely complex, was this year ♥

 Katherine, Canada
Originally a KAT-TUN, but the interaction between members of KAT-TUN x 4nin NEWS had shone through me to become a fan of NEWS.

 Hana, Equador
I watched Hana Yori Dango and I knew Matsu Jun, then I knew Arashi, Arashi drove me to JE, And finally I fell in love with NEWS.

 Hayame, Philippines
INFLUENCED by FRIEND whom I met when I bought a NEWS ALBUM

  Sondos, Jordan/U.S.A.
I became a news fan in late 2010 when i stumbled by an anime called Lovely Complex. The first thing that caught my attention was the opening and ending. i absolutely loved both which brought me into searching up who these lovely singers were. I have then found Tegomasu~ I never look up artists when i like a song so looking them up feels like destiny to me. Ever since my discovery with this amazing duo.... ohmygawd i could not stop. i looked them up 25/8 and i was practically addicted. Around that same time, i found out that this duo was actually a sub group from a bigger group that are actually 6 lovely members in a band called NEWS that soon controlled my life till this day.

 Demi Tokyo Inooshi, U.S.A
Saw a video on the internet

 Bena, Malaysia
Honestly i started liking JE when i watched Kindaichi, but that time acting by tsuyoshi.. then from that i know existence of JE maybe around 2001.. then i follow johnnys jr including kattun.. then once NEWS debut I started to become their fan coz i love K.K.kity.

 Mary Grace, Philippines
Actually I became their fan way back 2008 when I first watched their weeeek PV, I really love the PV and the song so much that I always listened to it, But I get too busy in my college life that when I came back to the fandom they were already four left. At first is so shocking for me that happened but I get over it when I watched their UtsuCon and I must say I really ♥ 4-nin NEWS more.

 Amy, Russia
Well, first I didn’t like them. I was a fan of KAT-TUN. Then I saw Tegoshi’s Ai nante performance and I fell in love deeply and for a long time.

 Issa, Argentina
My friend gave me "Ichi ritoru no namida" and after a little of tears -literally!- I made a research on the protagonist Mr. Ryo Nishikido, and Mr. Google-sama took me the 1st video I saw of NEWS in my life: a  live perf. Koi no ABO!! and then Eito's OOSAKA obachan ROCK! and my face was like > D:"Are you serious? is that the same guy from the drama?" well it was the same guy LOL and then all my crazy devotion to these insane boys started...2009



2. What are the things you like about NEWS?


Minori: Everything!!

Ghea: What i like about news... i like all things about them. they're just perfect~ ♥

Tata Massu: I think I love the pureness of NEWS. I like their style and their songs. They're far too normal for being a JE Idol but I think that's what makes them unique. They're relate-able and simple.

Samara:
 I like them because they are lovable, funny and incredible. ♥ :)

Katherine: Happiness and laughter that each member has given to all Chankapanas

Hana: 
I love everything about NEWS, their voices, their songs, their boys, everything! :3

Hayame: THE UNIQUENESS of the TUNE of their songs and also their individual personality

Sondos: The things I like about NEWS is obviously, everything. From as small as making stupid puns, changing hairstyles, magazine photoshoot etc. to as big as their will to stay strong after so much, their faith in the fandom, their hard work, the love they teach us, the love they spread to us, the inspiration they gave to us, and the list goes on. I love everything. and everything is news. Everything is what makes up news.

Demi Tokyo Inooshi: The music, fun personalites, Tegoshi :D

Bena: Their love towards their fans as same as we love them. another are their members ai!! i love all their characters~

Mary Grace: I super like NEWS that so many things pop out in my mind, but among all, I like NEWS because of Koyama Keiichiro, Masuda Takahisa, Kato Shigeaki and Yuya Tegoshi, because of them we all have a group that we love and that is NEWS.

Amy: What I like about NEWS? I’ve already wrote all this stuff in my previous (Tumblr) posts. You can check them out on my blog under the tag “My thoughts” and “My ramblings”. But to sum it up I can say, they are positive and hyper and all over the place when they perform and they are in sync whic is important, since KAT-TUN are bad at dancing. lol

Issa: Thing Iike the most: courage and dedication (aren't they the most brave members of that Evil Agency?? of course they are! can overcome anything!!!)


3. Lastly, say a message to NEWS!


Minori: I luv U alot<3  "4ever10ve"
I don't know what to say LOL
Just I luv you;)))

Ghea: I hope NEWS will release a single and album as fast as possible and make a concert again. i hope they make a concert in indonesia. and i want them to have variety show, it'll be cool. T.T i love NEWS so much. ♥

Tata Massu: 
NEWS Ganbare! I'll support you until the end!

Samara: NEWS dear, I'm very happy to have known you, you are within my heart.I'm going love them forever and I will be always  a Chankapana faithful ♥ I love NEWS now and forever !! ♥ ^_^

Katherine: 
The hardships, the tears, and the happiness that NEWS went through had motivated me to stride forward, and for that, thank you, NEWS~

Hana: Please, don't stop fighting ever, fans always are waiting for you. Thanks for making my world happier. ♥ I love you so much.

Hayame: NEWS! YAY!!! ARIGATOU NYUSU MEMBA!!! ALL OF YOU GIVE US A DREAM AND GOAL IN LIFE... PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE ONE!!!

Sondos: The first thing I want to say to NEWS is, thank you. thank you for these 5 years we shared together. thank you for the memories, the love, the strengths, the weaknesses, the tears, the laughs, thank you. thank you for believing in this beautiful fandom that i consider my second home. thank you for believing in yourself when people told you it wasn't possible to continue. thank you for cherishing and protecting this impossible dream we have embraced and loved as a whole. thank you for being there when i had no one to turn back to. thank you for grasping to that small hope after losing so much. thank you for the beautiful moments i have shared with you through out this journey. thank you for being thankful. thank you for being my inspiration, my role models, my family. sometimes the word "thanks" can't express a huge emotion of what someone wants to show gratitude for. all the "i love you"s and "thank you"s in the world combined cannot express these emotions i have towards you. thank you, thank you for everything. these past 11 years have been a bumpy road but you showed how to over come any obstacle in your way. NEWS, I love you from the bottom of my heart, right here, right now and tezutettetote (take out the te) HAPPY 11TH ANNIVERSAY. FOR EVERY PROUD MOMENT AND FOR EVERY LOVELY MOMENT, THANK YOU. and last but not least, thank you for showing me that a four-leafed clover truly is lucky ♥

Demi Tokyo Inooshi: 
I MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!! Please keep fighting and I hope you have lots of new activities and happiness ♥

Bena: Whatever happens, i will never change my love towards NEWS. this is my promise!

Mary Grace: First of all domo Grace desu! ^_^ Otanjoubi Omedetou NEWS-kun I hope to see more of NEWS but it is also ok to wait as long as NEWS is there. I want to thank NEWS to all the love they have to the fan, because they always thinking about us. Hope they enjoy their 11th birthday on September 15, NEWS Ganbatte ne  ^_^

Amy: “Can I become your friend, please, please, please? I can play soccer, I like to eat and I can dance Chankapana, which is very awkward and emberessing when a 27 yo girl starts dancing in the middle of the street out of nowhere. But that’s how I greet my friends, and besides being dorky, it is very cute." And thanx to NEWS songs I learnt many Japanese words, which is very helpful now when I take Japanese classes.

Issa: THANK YOU & I LOVE YOU (with ALL the meaning these expressions may include)


****
I thank these wonderful fans who were ready to share little pieces of their feelings. In fact, most of these people aren't close to me at all; technically, we live at different sides of the globe, and I don't talk to them in a regular basis. It actually took me a lot of courage to invite these people for a random interview. Truthfully only a quarter of the people I messaged in FB and other sites responded. As much as I'd hoped all countries to participate, of course there are many reasons for them not being able to reply. Anyhow this post turned out quite decent, didn't it? :)

As mentioned earlier, before starting this tribute I was wondering how fans will celebrate NEWS11th, when NEWS doesn't have any activities at the moment. Then one by one fan groups from different countries announced their projects! (Have you joined any of those? Join and spread the love!) Some are still ongoing I think. Let's do it for the fandom's sake ♥

By the way, one of the people interviewed asked me to answer my own questions and include them in this post! WARNING: I ALWAAAAYS GIVE LONG, DETAILED ANSWERS. But here I'll try to shorten as much as I can. ^_^
  1. I first heard about the group NEWS in 2009 when one of my classmates had a crush on Massu and my best friends were teasing her about it... I joined in the teasing despite not knowing who that Massu was (LOL). One day I went to my bff's dorm to borrow her laptop but at that time they were using it for something else--watching a NEWS concert. They told me to stay so that I could finally know who's the Massu, so I stayed. I saw Tegoshi instead and I fell for him at first sight! ^o^ But I didn't bother to research about him nor NEWS. After some time I remebered nothing except the name of the member I liked: Yuya. xD Maybe I wasn't supposed to become a fan that year? But the year later, 2010, my roommate who was a newbie fangirl (Massu-biased too) introduced me to Tegomasu and I immediately loved their musicality. I recognized Massu but not Tegoshi. We began researching, and little by little I discovered that Tegomass is a subgroup of NEWS. And the Tegoshi in Tegomasu is actually the Yuya in NEWS. I believe in fate, so, here I am now. HAHAHAHAHA ♥
  2. It's a hard question now that I'm answering it myself! What I like about NEWS: diversity of the members. Koyama is totally different from Tegoshi, Tegoshi from Shige, Shige from Massu and Massu from Koyama but when they are together it's the perfect chemistry. I know I'm just being biased because Arashi's bond is HANDS DOWN but I like NEWS' aura overall... In performances, backstage, Soukon, etc. I also like their history; it's colorful, it's beautiful, it's something realistic. NEWS had taught me lots of things too. They're inspiring~
  3. NEWS, I wish I had known you earlier because I want to show you how loyal I am to you. But anyway... You were just an interesting group to me before, you are an amazing family to me now, and you will be an irreplaceable existence to me forever. Right now you're on your 11th year, I hope you'll be going on till eternity and I will be with you ♫
****

Done! If you are reading this, thank you too! Assuming you're a NEWS fan, you can also answer the interview if you like. Comment away! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, NEWAND CHANKAPAANA!

(crossposted on my livejournal and tumblr. Check them out too, especially the tumblr post, because it's slightly different)

No comments:

Post a Comment